At Bayside Print Solutions we are well aware that we have to sell the image, or the “business face” of our customers. Whether it’s a business card, catalogue, book, flyer or whole campaign, we have the experience and expertise to get the job done on time and within a certain budget. We’ll create the design from just a concept, do the artwork and typesetting, and produce the printing all in our factory.
Starting with just an idea, we will lead you through the whole process of making your business look good.
- Art & design:
- Business cards
- Letterheads & With compliment slips
- Personal promotional materials
When artwork is supplied, we prefer all files as 'Press Ready' . We accept files from the following programs:
- Corel Draw
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
We also accept Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint files which we process to PDF documents. These are not ideal files to work with, (RGB based, low resolution and fonts their main fault) and do not give the best printed result.
A hi-resolution CMYK with bleed PDF is the preferred option with the following requirements:
- All fonts embedded or converted to paths.
- All images and graphics at the correct high resolution (no compression). Recommended resolution is 340 dpi (minimum of 300 dpi acceptable). This includes all supplied advertisements, pictures or created files which you compile into your projects. Non compliance with these requirements will affect the integrity and quality of your print job resulting in pixelated pictures, blurring and soft edges.
- A minimum 3mm bleed all around single page or double page spread - Trim marks are optional.
- Full colour: please ensure colours are CMYK or Spot Colour (Pantone C) (not RGB or Indexed Colour). This includes all supplied artwork, pictures or created files. Non compliance with these requirements will affect the integrity and quality of your print job resulting in flat, muddy pictures and possible drop-outs.
- Converting RGB to CMYK requires an effective conversion table. One recommended profile is Coated Fogra39 (ISO 12647 2:2004) (found in latest versions of Photoshop and Acrobat).
Our DPX technology incorporates an automated, environmentally friendly platemaker - it uses no running water and no toxic chemicals and nothing goes down the drain. The DPX Platesetting System is an internal drum device that images 175-line, perfectly registered, press-ready DigiPlate material directly from a PC. The DPX Platesetter delivers processed, dried, pre-punched, press-ready plates quickly and efficiently with main advantage crystal clear image and short make-ready time.